Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Photo Journal



A very dear friend of mine helped me create this site and I'm happy he took the time to find such a precious legacy in me. I have boldly decided to take advantage of this space in my blog to write a journal of my photography.

I shoot for a number of reasons. To name a few....it's relaxing, almost like a form of meditation. Shooting forces you to see everything. I consider photography a very amusing interest. I'm not a fanatic when it comes to sophisticated gears, because I'm gloriously lazy by nature and when it comes to hauling around precious heavy equipment, I lose interest in shooting. I'd rather be able to shoot candid portraits then a posed subject, although landscapes are one of my favorite things to shoot as I love to be outdoors and especially to watch the sun rise and set.

I deeply admire wild life professional photographers who stay for hours in a hidden camouflaged setting to take shots of a Blue Heron in the swamplands dancing on the water it's mating dance. I sincerely admire them and let them do their work, it's not for me. When I'm really in the mood and feel energetic I carry a tripod and zoom lens.

Another reason why I shoot, I have these photos to keep forever in my memories and to document them here as I can pass them all down to my children and grandchildren some day. They will tell the stories of the many places I've been and people I've met along my journey through life. Some of my photos are imaginative and creative and some with a slight touch of humor.

Here are a few of my favorite shots which tell a story. Stop by again, as this site will grow and grow. I love this legacy.

38 comments:

pattrsnd said...

What a wonderful journal Laurie!

Laurie said...

Thank you David!

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

Absolutely beautiful photographs Laurie! Welcome to my blog...I will most certainally enjoy yours!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Sure Laurie. You're a wonderful photographer.

Forehead Stamp

Laurie said...

Thanks so much Saundra and Bhavesh! I look forward to viewing your sites also.

mario said...

Hi Laurie, vey very beautiful fotographs!

Gary Keimig said...

Very nice presentation. My favorite kind of music too. Hope you will check out my blog. Actually I am involved in 4 of them but maybe of interest to you would be my photo essays, Outdoor adventures. Would love to hear what you think of them.
God bless and keep up the good work

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful visual treat. Your photographs are beautiful.

Laurie said...

Thank you Mario, Gary and Joan. I'll visit your sites again soon!

Trevor Lingard said...

Hello Laurie
This is beautiful photography.
I look forward to following your work if you will allow.
Kind Regards

Laurie said...

Thank you Trevor!!! Yes, stop by anytime as I will be adding more photos in here.

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

No new post for a long time Laurie

Detailed Leaf Structure

Catalina Schopf-Manuel Venegas said...

Tus fotos son hermosas, las he visto todas, felicitaciones, tambien soy tu seguidor.

Steve (My Dog Ate Art) said...

beautiful images - thanks for the follow

Laurie said...

Thank you everyone! :)

bondearte said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Your blog? beautiful, beautiful music, beautiful pictures.
congratulations

Steve (My Dog Ate Art) said...

stopped by again to have a look - really cool stuff

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

Yes, photographs have a beautiful way of capturing memories that we can enjoy over and over again. And, you have good taste in subjects.

bondearte said...

Flowers for you
Good Sunday

Unknown said...

I identify with your statement that photography is a form of meditation for you. I love getting in the "zone" myself. Lovely work!

Laurie said...

Thank you everyone...I appreciate all your comments.

Unknown said...

Wow Laurie, your photography is beautiful!

Roberta

Kenna Elizabeth said...

Laurie,

Thank you so much for the visit and the follow! I'm happy to be lead to your wonderful site here-- lovely! You have some wonderful shots, and I like your "this is just me, I do what I can and I enjoy it" attitude. I often get caught up trying to do more more more and I very much needed and enjoyed the reminder in your words.

Warm regards,
Kenna

Cheryl said...

Amazing photos,you are a fantastic photographer!!! I have a love of photos and enjoy scrapbooking them,which I haven't had a chance to do lately.I will enjoy visiting your blog.

Clelia said...

What a wonderful picts! Amazing. You did this by Flash?

if you want to read my blog there is a English translation :)

Clelia

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Hi Laurie,

No new post for a long time!

TV Tower on Sinhagad - Going Inside Clouds

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

There's a surprise for you. Click here to get it :)

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Having recently set up my own photographic blog/journal I can totally understand how nice it is to be able to share your photos with others.

I love the shot of the multitude of bunches of tulips in your slideshow.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Love this blog, very well done, will return.

Thanks

Nothing said...

Laurie, I really love your inspiring work!

AutoDT said...

Happy New Year!

Cyrus :)

AutoDT said...

Happy New Year!

Cyrus :)

Daniel Dragomirescu said...

Excellent blog, dear Laurie! Continue the search for real beaty in this world. Cordial greetings!
Daniel D. Peaceman, editor of CHMagazine

Gary Keimig said...

wonderfu blog and the photography is outstanding.

Laurie said...

Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate every one.

Rauno Ketonen said...

Upea kuvasarja!! :)